Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shabby Chic Christmas Canvas


Hi there crafty peeps!  It's Amber, and I am here today to share a Shabby Chic Christmas mixed media canvas I made with ribbons from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store.


I took a blank 5x7 canvas and created texture on it with white Gesso, embossing paste mixed with Spun Sugar distress stain, old book paper, pearlized modeling paste, and distress glitter in Antique Linen.  I then wrapped the bottom of the canvas with 1.5" white netting and Diamond Satin Mineral Ice ribbon. I layered a vintage Santa image with gold glitter paper and pink cardstock.  I then added Victoria White Crochet Lace around all of the edges.  I made a bow with the same Diamond Satin ribbon and my Bow-It-All tool.  I then added some white glittery jingle bells to the center.  I added the word joy to the side of the canvas.


I created a flower arrangement with a handmade pink poinsettia cut from my Distressed Poinsettia die from Tim Holtz.  I distressed it with Frantage Shabby White embossing enamel.  I added some Roses, Magnolia flowers, and white leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Did you know that Really Reasonable Ribbon stocks a wide variety of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts?  Isn't that great?!

I just love how this canvas turned out, and I can't wait to proudly display it in my house for the Holiday.  I hope you like it too, and create something fun with your ribbons for the Christmas season. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments :

  1. This is so pretty and the ribbons add so much in those fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say