Friday, August 10, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas...........

 
Hi there.  Ginny here from Polly's Paper Studio
Today is my first post as Guest Designer for August and I have to say I am pretty excited. Thanks to Bonnie for giving me the
opportunity to share my projects using ribbons and trims
from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
 

I used the Natural Burlap in red and white and layered on Seam Binding in red to create a nice border on the
bottom of this card. There's a few buttons tied with string for simple embellishments. The top of the card
has a beautiful vintage inspired image of Santa layered on a button card and inked doily. I sewed the layers
for extra detail and to help keep the card sturdy. To finish it off I layered in some pretty little chipboard
snowflakes that I inked and Stickled for a subtle shimmery sparkle.
 

Using a generous amount of red and cream Seam Binding, I created an extra poofy bow and topped it
off with another button and glass headed pin.
 

I just love all the dimension the trim adds to my cards.
 

Okay...so that's project #1. I'm having a great time using the trims.
This should be a fun month and I can't wait to post again : )
 
 ~ Ginny ~
 
 

12 comments :

  1. WOW, WOW, Ginny, this card is spectacular!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Your card is beautiful!!! I love the pretty bow and all the glitter to go with the very festive looking Santa. I really like those buttons sewn on the trim. I get so lazy when it comes to sewing. I really need to get some thread and needles out.
    Thanks for sharing your pretty creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, you are so talented. Your cards are absolutely beautiful! You work is an inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful Ginny! So nice to have you as a guest and sharing your beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ginny, I love this card!!! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning and beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card...I love that Santa image..he is what Santa should look like!! You did a fabulous job with all that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. soooo vintagey ...love love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. I love the vintage Santa and the way you used the ribbon! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty....really gets me excited to start creating Christmas stuff!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful vintage Christmas card Ginny!!! Congrats on your first post here, your cards have inspired me for months, now everyone here will get the chance to be inspired too!!! Looking forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness!!!! hat an amazing Christmas Card!!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say